Terms of Service
This PayReform Services Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between PayReform (“PayReform”, “we” or “us”) and the entity or person (“you”, “your”, or “user”) who registered on the PayReform Account page to receive certain payment, analytics and benchmarking, and other business services that may be offered by PayReform and its affiliates (each, a “Service”). This Agreement describes the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services.
If you do not understand any of the terms of this Agreement, please contact us before using the Services.
You may not access or use any Services unless you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
Section A: General Terms
- Overview of this Agreement
This Agreement provides a general description of the Services PayReform may provide to you, including those allowing you to accept payments from purchasers of your goods or services or donors to your organization (your “Customers”). We provide you with a more detailed description of the Services through published software libraries and application programming interfaces that may be used to access the Services (the “API”) and additional resources we make available to you on our website.
Before using the Services, you must register with PayReform and create an account (a “PayReform Account”).
Section A describes the process of registering for and using your PayReform Account.
Section B describes your use of the API and the Services.
Section C describes the Services you may use to accept payments and perform other financial transactions, manage subscriptions, and perform transaction reporting (the “Payment Services”).
Section D describes proper handling, management, and use of data, generated during your use of the Services, including your Customers’ data.
Finally, Section E describes your liability to PayReform for all losses connected with your PayReform Account, your agreement to resolve all disputes with PayReform by arbitration and not in a lawsuit, and other legal terms that apply to you.
- Your PayReform Account
- Registration and Permitted Activities: Only businesses (including sole proprietors), bona fide charitable organizations, and other entities or persons located in United Kingdom are eligible to apply for a PayReform Account to use the Services described in this Agreement. PayReform and its affiliates may provide Services to you or your affiliates in other countries or regions under separate agreements.
To register for a PayReform Account, you or the person or people submitting the application (your “Representative”) must provide us with your business or trade name, address, email, phone number, business identification number, URL, the nature of your business or activities, and certain other information about you that we require. We may also collect personal information (including name, birthdate, and government-issued identification number) about your beneficial owners, principals, and your PayReform Account administrator. Until you have submitted, and we have reviewed and approved all required information, your PayReform Account will be available to you on a preliminary basis only, and we may terminate it at any time and for any reason.
If you use Payment Services, your name (or the name used to identify you) and URL may appear on your Customers’ bank or other statements. To minimize confusion and avoid potential disputes, these descriptors must be recognizable to your Customers and must accurately describe your business or activities. You may only use Payment Services to facilitate Transactions with your Customers. You may not use Payment Services to send money to others, to conduct any personal or noncommercial transactions, or for any other purposes prohibited by this Agreement.
- Business Representative: You and your Representative individually affirm to PayReform that your Representative is authorised to provide the information described in this Section A.2 on your behalf and to bind you to this Agreement. We may require you or your Representative to provide additional information or documentation demonstrating your Representative’s authority. Without the express written consent of PayReform, neither you nor your Representative may register or attempt to register for a PayReform Account on behalf of a user PayReform previously terminated from use of the Services.
If you are an individual trader, you and your Representative also affirm that your Representative is personally responsible and liable for your use of the Services and your obligations to Customers, including payment of any amounts owed under this Agreement.
The following special requirements apply to you if you are not at least 18 years old. If you are a legal entity, your Representative must either obtain the consent of your board or of an authorised officer; and if you are an individual or sole proprietor, your Representative must be your parent or legal guardian. Any such approving board, authorised officer, parent, or legal guardian is responsible to PayReform and is legally bound to this Agreement as if it had agreed to the terms of this Agreement itself.
- Validation and Underwriting: At any time during the term of this Agreement and your use of the Services, we may require additional information from you to verify beneficial ownership or control of the business, validate information you provided, verify you or your Representative’s identity, and assess the risk associated with your business. This additional information may include business invoices, copies of government-issued identification, business licences, or other information related to your business, its beneficial owners or principals. If you use Payment Services, we may also request that you provide copies of financial statements or records pertaining to your compliance with this Agreement, or require you to provide a personal or company guarantee. Your failure to provide this information may result in suspension or termination of your PayReform Account.
You authorise us to retrieve information about you from our service providers, including credit and information bureaus. You acknowledge that this may include your name, addresses, credit history, and other data about you or your Representative. You acknowledge that we may use your information to verify any other information you provide to us, and that any information we collect may affect our assessment of your overall risk to our business. You acknowledge that in some cases, such information may lead to suspension or termination of your PayReform Account. PayReform may periodically update this information as part of our underwriting criteria and risk analysis procedures.
- Changes to Your Business, Keeping your PayReform Account Current: You agree to keep the information in your PayReform Account current. You must promptly update your PayReform Account with any changes affecting you, the nature of your business activities, your Representatives, beneficial owners, principals, or any other pertinent information. We may suspend your PayReform Account or terminate this Agreement if you fail to keep this information current.
You also agree to promptly notify us in writing no more than three days after any of the following occur: you are the subject of any voluntary or involuntary insolvency petition or proceeding, receivership, bankruptcy, or similar action; there is an adverse change in your financial condition; there is a planned or anticipated liquidation or substantial change in the basic nature of your business; you transfer or sell 25% or more of your total assets, or there is any change in the control or ownership of your business or parent entity; or you receive a judgment, writ or warrant of attachment or execution, or levy against 25% or more of your total assets.
Service Limitations, Prohibited Activities, and Security Controls
- Compliance with Applicable Laws: You must use the Services in a lawful manner, and must obey all laws, rules, and regulations (“Laws”) applicable to your use of the Services and to Transactions. As applicable, this may include compliance with domestic and international Laws related to the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, privacy, and false advertising, and any other Laws relevant to Transactions.
- Prohibited Businesses and Activities: You may not use the Services, for your benefit or the benefit of another, for any activities PayReform has identified as a prohibited business or activity (collectively, “Prohibited Businesses”). Prohibited Businesses include use of the Services in or for the benefit of a country, organization, entity, or person embargoed or blocked by any government, including those on sanctions lists identified by the United States or United Kingdom.
Please review the list of Prohibited Businesses thoroughly before registering for and opening a PayReform Account. If you are uncertain whether a category of business or activity is prohibited or have questions about how these restrictions apply to you, please contact us. We may add to or update the Prohibited Business List at any time.
- Other Restricted Activities: You may not use the Services to facilitate illegal Transactions or to permit others to use the Services for noncommercial, personal, or household purposes. In addition, you may not allow, and may not allow others to: (i) access or attempt to access non-public PayReform systems, programs, data, or services; (ii) copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, resell, or distribute in any way, any data, content, or any part of the Services, Documentation, or our website except as expressly permitted by applicable Laws; (iii) act as service bureau or pass-through agent for the Services with no added value to Customers; (iv) transfer any rights granted to you under this Agreement; (v) work around any of the technical limitations of the Services or enable functionality that is disabled or prohibited; (vi) reverse engineer or attempt to reverse engineer the Services except as expressly permitted by Laws; (vii) perform or attempt to perform any actions that would interfere with the normal operation of the Services or affect use of the Services by our other users; or (ix) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service.
- Security Controls: We may provide or suggest security procedures and controls intended to reduce the risk to you of fraud (“Security Controls”). You agree to review the Security Controls and the Documentation that we provide to you, and to select the Security Controls that meet your business requirements. If you believe that the Security Controls we provide are insufficient, then you agree to separately implement additional controls that meet your requirements. You may review some of the details of our Security Controls on our website.
Suspicion of Unauthorised or Illegal Use
We may refuse, condition, or suspend any Transactions that we believe (i) may violate this Agreement or other agreements you may have with PayReform; (ii) are unauthorized, fraudulent or illegal; or (iii) that expose you, PayReform, or others to risks unacceptable to PayReform. If we suspect or know that you are using or have used the Services for unauthorised, fraudulent, or illegal purposes, we may share any information related to such activity with the appropriate financial institution, regulatory authority, or law enforcement agency consistent with our legal obligations. This information may include information about you, your PayReform Account, your Customers, and Transactions made through your use of the Services.
against us or our Financial Services Providers for any amounts associated with the Transaction error.
If you leave any funds dormant in a PayReform Account and you do not give us instructions where to send them, we may be required by Law to deem the funds to be abandoned by you, and to deliver them to various government agencies. To the extent required by Law, we will attempt to provide you Notice if we hold funds payable to you in an account beyond the applicable dormancy period for abandoned property. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the funds in your PayReform Account to be abandoned, and will deliver them to the appropriate government authority.
Section D: Data Usage, Privacy, and Security
- Data Usage Overview
Protecting, securing, and maintaining the information processed and handled through the Services is one of our top priorities, and it should be yours too. This section describes our respective obligations when handling and storing information connected with the Services. The following terms used in this section relate to data provided to PayReform by you or your Customers, or received or accessed by you through your use of the Services:
“Personal Data” means information that identifies a specific living person (not a company, legal entity, or machine) and is transmitted to or accessible through the Services.
“User Data” means information that describes your business and its operations, your products or services, and orders placed by Customers.
“Payment Data” means payment account details, information communicated to or by Financial Services Providers, financial information specifically regulated by Laws and Network Rules, and any other information used with the Payment Services to complete a Transaction.
“PayReform Data” means details of the API transactions over PayReform infrastructure, information used in fraud detection and analysis, aggregated or anonymized information generated from Data, and any other information created by or originating from PayReform or the Services.
The term “Data” used without a modifier means all Personal Data, User Data, Payment Data, and PayReform Data.
PayReform processes, analyses, and manages Data to: (a) provide Services to you, other PayReform users, and Customers; (b) mitigate fraud, financial loss, or other harm to users, Customers and PayReform; and (c) analyse, develop and improve our products, systems, and tools. PayReform provides Data to third-party service providers, including Financial Services Providers and their affiliates, as well as PayReform’s global affiliates, to allow us to provide Services to you and other users. We do not provide Personal Data to unaffiliated parties for marketing their products to you. You understand and consent to PayReform’s use of Data for the purposes and in a manner consistent with this Section D.
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Confidentiality: PayReform will only use User Data as permitted by this Agreement, by other agreements between you and us, or as otherwise directed by you. You will protect all Data you receive through the Services, and you may not disclose or distribute any such Data, and you will only use such Data in conjunction with the Services and as permitted by this Agreement or by other agreements between you and us. Neither party may use any Personal Data to market to Customers unless it has received the express consent from a specific Customer to do so. You may not disclose Payment Data to others except in connection with processing Transactions requested by Customers and consistent with applicable Laws and Network Rules.
You affirm that you are now and will continue to be compliant with all applicable Laws governing the privacy, protection and use of Data that you provide to us or access through your use of the Services. You also affirm that you have obtained all necessary rights and consents under applicable Laws to disclose to PayReform — or allow PayReform to collect, use, retain, and disclose — any Personal Data that you provide to us or authorise us to collect, including Data that we may collect directly from Customers using cookies or other similar means. As may be required by Law and in connection with this Agreement, you are solely responsible for disclosing to Customers that PayReform processes Transactions (including payment Transactions) for you and may receive Personal Data from you. Additionally, where required by Law or Network Rules, we may delete or disconnect a Customer’s Personal Data from your PayReform Account when requested to do so by the Customer.
If we become aware of an unauthorized acquisition, disclosure or loss of Customer Personal Data on our systems, we will notify you consistent with our obligations under applicable Law. We will also notify you and provide you sufficient information regarding the unauthorized acquisition, disclosure or loss to help you mitigate any negative impact on the Customer.
- PCI Compliance: If you use Payment Services to accept payment card Transactions, you must comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) and, if applicable to your business, the Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA-DSS) (collectively, the “PCI Standards”). PayReform provides tools to simplify your compliance with the PCI Standards, but you must ensure that your business is compliant. The specific steps you will need to take to comply with the PCI Standards will depend on your implementation of the Payment Services. You can find more information about implementing PayReform in a manner compliant with the PCI Standards in our Documentation. You will promptly provide us with documentation demonstrating your compliance with the PCI Standards upon our request. If you elect to store, hold and maintain “Account Data”, as defined by the PCI Standards (including Customer card account number or expiration date), you further agree that you will either maintain a PCI-compliant system or use a compliant service provider to store or transmit such Account Data; further, you agree to never store any “Sensitive Authentication Data”, as defined by the PCI Standards (including CVC or CVV2), data at any time. You can find information about the PCI Standards on the PCI Council’s website.
- Data Processing. You are the data controller and we are the data processor in relation to Personal Data processed on your behalf under this Agreement, except that we will be a data controller in relation to Personal Data where we determine the purposes and manner in which the Personal Data is processed (including, for example, in complying with any regulations or laws imposed upon us through Network Rules or Financial Services Providers).
We will, to the extent that we are a data processor, process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and lawful instructions reasonably given by you to us from time to time, and we will employ appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect such Personal Data. We will not be liable for any claim brought by a data subject arising from any action or omission by us, to the extent that such action or omission resulted from your instructions.
- Security and Fraud Controls
- PayReform’s Security: PayReform is responsible for protecting the security of Data in our possession. We will maintain commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect User Data and Personal Data stored in our servers from unauthorised access, accidental loss, modification, or breach, and we will comply with applicable Laws and Network Rules when we handle User and Personal Data. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or misuse any Data in our possession. You provide User Data and Personal Data to PayReform with the understanding that any security measures we provide may not be appropriate or adequate for your business, and you agree to implement the Security Controls and any additional controls that meet your specific requirements. In our sole discretion, we may take any action, including suspension of your PayReform Account, to maintain the integrity and security of the Services or Data, or to prevent harm to you, us, Customers, or others. You waive any right to make a claim against us for losses you incur that may result from our actions.
- Your Security: You are solely responsible for the security of any Data on your website, your servers, in your possession, or that you are otherwise authorised to access or handle. You will comply with applicable Laws and Network Rules when handling or maintaining Data, and will provide evidence of your compliance to us upon our request. If you do not provide evidence of such compliance to our satisfaction, we may suspend transactions on your account or terminate this Agreement.
- Security and Fraud Controls: We may provide or suggest Security Controls to you, but we cannot guarantee that you or Customers will never become victims of fraud. Any Security Controls we provide or suggest may include processes or applications developed by PayReform, its affiliates, or other companies. You agree to review all the Security Controls we suggest and choose those that are appropriate for your business to protect against unauthorised Transactions and, if appropriate for your business, independently implement other security procedures and controls not provided by us. If you disable or fail to properly use Security Controls, you will increase the likelihood of unauthorised Transactions, Disputes, fraud, losses, and other similar occurrences. Keep in mind that you are solely responsible for losses you incur from the use of lost or stolen payment credentials or accounts by fraudsters who engage in fraudulent Transactions with you, and your failure to implement Security Controls will only increase the risk of fraud. We may assist you with recovering lost funds, but you are solely responsible for losses due to lost or stolen credentials or accounts, compromise of your username or password, changes to your Payout Account, and any other unauthorised use or modification of your PayReform Account. PayReform is not liable or responsible to you and you waive any right to bring a claim against us for any losses that result from the use of lost or stolen credentials or accounts to engage in fraudulent Transactions, unless such losses result from PayReform’s wilful or intentional actions. Further, you will fully reimburse us for any losses we incur that result from the use of lost or stolen credentials or accounts.
We may also provide you with subjective Data regarding the possibility or likelihood that a Transaction may be fraudulent that require action or review by you. We may incorporate action or inaction by you into any such subjective scoring when identifying future potential fraud. You understand that we provide this Data to you for your consideration, but that you are ultimately responsible for any actions you choose to take or not take in relation to such Data, and for providing inaccurate or incorrect information to us. You are solely responsible for any action or inaction you take based on such Data.
- Your Use of Data with PayReform Connect and PayReform Relay
When using PayReform Connect or PayReform Relay, you will have the ability to connect your PayReform Account with a Platform or App. Connected Platforms and Apps may take certain actions on your behalf and access Data available through your PayReform Account, including some User Data. By using PayReform Connect or PayReform Relay, you authorise PayReform to share Data with any Platform or App that you connect with your PayReform Account through the Dashboard or the API. You also understand that at any point you may disallow any such sharing by removing the Platform or App from your PayReform Account. You waive your right to bring any claims against PayReform for losses you incur that arise from any actions or use of Data by any Platform or App connected to your PayReform Account, and you will fully reimburse us for any losses we incur that result from your actions or use of such Data by any Platform or App.
- Provision of Payment Data upon Termination
For 30 days after termination of your PayReform Account, you may request in writing that we provide to an alternative payment services provider the Payment Data regarding Transactions between you and your Customers that you are entitled to receive. We may require you to provide evidence that the alternative payment services provider has appropriate systems and security controls as a precondition to the provision of any Payment Data. In addition, for Payment Data regarding payment card transactions, the payment services provider must be a PCI-DSS Level 1-certified. Our obligation to comply with a request under this section is limited to the extent commercially reasonable, and we may delay or refuse any request if we believe the payment services provider you have identified does not have systems or security controls in place that are sufficient to protect Payment Data, that the integrity of Payment Data may be compromised, or if Laws or Network Rules prohibit us from providing the Payment Data.
Section E: Additional Legal Terms
- Right to Amend
We have the right to change or add to the terms of this Agreement at any time, and to change, delete, discontinue, or impose conditions on use of the Services by posting such changes on our website or any other website we maintain or own. We may provide you with Notice of any changes through the Dashboard, via email, or through other means. Your use of the Services, API, or Data after a change has taken effect, constitutes your acceptance of the terms of the modified Agreement. You can access a copy of the current terms of this Agreement on our website at any time. You can find out when this Agreement was last changed by checking the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Agreement. If you do not accept a change to this Agreement, you must terminate the Agreement by closing your PayReform Account before the change takes effect (see Termination for further detail).
You may not assign this Agreement, any rights or licences granted in this Agreement, or operation of your PayReform Account to others without our prior written consent. If you wish to make such an assignment, please contact us. If we consent to the assignment, the assignee agrees to assume all of your rights and obligations owed by you related to the assignment, and must agree to comply with the terms of this Agreement. PayReform may assign this Agreement without your consent or any other restriction. If we make an assignment, we will provide reasonable Notice to you.
- Right to Audit
If we believe that a security breach, leak, loss, or compromise of Data has occurred on your systems, website, or app affecting your compliance with this Agreement, we may require you to permit a third-party auditor approved by us to conduct a security audit of your systems and facilities. The auditor will issue a report to us and our Financial Services Providers.
- No Agency; Third-Party Services
Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement serves to establish a partnership, joint venture, or other agency relationship between you and us, or with any Financial Services Provider. Each party to this Agreement, and each Financial Services Provider, is an independent contractor. Unless a Financial Services Provider expressly agrees, neither you nor we have the ability to bind a Financial Services Provider to any contract or obligation, and neither party will represent that you or we have such an ability.
- Force Majeure
Neither party will be liable for any delays in processing or other nonperformance caused by telecommunications, utility, failures, or equipment failures; labor strife, riots, war, or terrorist attacks; nonperformance of our vendors or suppliers, fires or acts of nature; or any other event over which the respective party has no reasonable control. However, nothing in this section will affect or excuse your liabilities or your obligation to pay Fees, Fines, Disputes, Refunds, Reversals, or Returns under this Agreement.
- Your Liability For Third-Party Claims Against Us
You agree to defend PayReform, our affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, and service providers (each a “PayReform Entity”) against any claim, suit, demand, loss, liability, damage, action, or proceeding (each, a “Claim”) brought by a third party against a PayReform Entity, and you agree to fully reimburse the PayReform Entities for any Claims that result from: (i) your breach of any provision of this Agreement; (ii) any Fees, Fines, Disputes, Refunds, Reversals, Returns, or any other liability we incur that results from your use of Payment Services; (iii) negligent or wilful misconduct of your employees, contractors, or agents; or (iv) contractual or other relationships between you and Customers.
Important Note for Individual Traders: If you are using Services as a sole proprietor, please keep in mind that the Law and the terms of this Agreement consider you and your business to be legally one and the same. You are personally responsible and liable for your use of the Services, payment of Fees, Refunds, Reversals, Fines, losses based on Disputes or fraud, or for any other amounts you owe under this Agreement for your failure to use Security Controls, and for all other obligations to us and to your Customers. You risk personal financial loss if you fail to pay any amounts owed. Please take the time to read our Documentation and take any measures appropriate to protect against such losses.
- Representations and Warranties
By accepting the terms of this Agreement, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are eligible to register and use the Services and have the authority to execute and perform the obligations required by this Agreement; (b) any information you provide us about your business, products, or services is accurate and complete; (c) any Charges represent a Transaction for permitted products, services, or donations, and any related information accurately describes the Transaction; (d) you will fulfil all of your obligations to Customers and will resolve all Disputes with them; (e) you will comply with all Laws applicable to your business and use of the Services; (f) you will not use Payment Services for household purposes or peer-to-peer money transmission, or (except in the normal course of business) intercompany Transactions; and (g) you will not use the Service, directly or indirectly, for any fraudulent or illegal undertaking, or to interfere in any manner with the normal operation of the Service.
- No Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES AND PAYREFORM IP “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE. NO DATA, DOCUMENTATION OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PAYREFORM OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICES — WHETHER FROM PAYREFORM OR ANOTHER PAYREFORM ENTITY, AND WHETHER OR ORAL OR WRITTEN — CREATES OR IMPLIES ANY WARRANTY FROM A PAYREFORM ENTITY TO YOU.
YOU AFFIRM THAT NO PAYREFORM ENTITY CONTROLS THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU OFFER OR SELL OR THAT YOUR CUSTOMERS PURCHASE USING THE PAYMENT SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND WE DISCLAIM ANY KNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CUSTOMERS POSSESS THE AUTHORITY TO, OR WILL COMPLETE ANY TRANSACTION.
THE PAYREFORM ENTITIES DISCLAIM ANY KNOWLEDGE OF, AND DO NOT GUARANTEE: (a) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTNESS OF ANY DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES; (b) THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC BUSINESS NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS; (c) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR WILL FUNCTION IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER OR BE SECURE; (d) THAT PAYREFORM WILL CORRECT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE, API, DOCUMENTATION, OR DATA; OR (e) THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. USE OF DATA YOU ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD THROUGH THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK — YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE PAYREFORM ENTITIES MAKE NO GUARANTEES TO YOU REGARDING TRANSACTION PROCESSING TIMES OR PAYOUT SCHEDULES.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OPERATES TO EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY THE APPLICATION OF ANY IMPLIED CONDITION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, OR THE EXERCISE OF ANY RIGHT OR REMEDY, OR THE IMPOSITION OF ANY LIABILITY UNDER LAW WHERE TO DO SO WOULD: (A) CONTRAVENE THAT LAW; OR (B) CAUSE ANY TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT TO BE VOID.
- Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will any PayReform Entity be responsible or liable to you for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting from your use or inability to use the Services or for the unavailability of the Services, for lost profits, personal injury, or property damage, or for any other damages arising out of, in connection with, or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Services, even if such damages are foreseeable, and whether or not you or the PayReform Entities have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The PayReform Entities are not liable, and deny responsibility for any damages, harm, or losses to you arising from or relating to hacking, tampering, or other unauthorised access or use of the Services, your PayReform Account, or Data, or your failure to use or implement anti-fraud measures, the Security Controls, or any other data security measure. The PayReform Entities further deny responsibility for all liability and damages to you or others caused by (a) your access or use of the Services inconsistent with the Documentation; (b) any unauthorised access of servers, infrastructure, or Data used in connection with the Services; (c) interruptions or cessation of the Services; (d) any bugs, viruses, or other harmful code that may be transmitted to or through the Services; (e) any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or losses in or to any Data provided to us; (f) third-party content provided by you; or (g) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of others.
You agree to limit any additional liability not disclaimed or denied by the PayReform Entities under this Agreement to your direct and documented damages; and you further agree that under no circumstances will any such liability exceed in the aggregate the amount of Fees paid by you to PayReform during the three-month period immediately preceding the event that gave rise to your claim for damages.
These limitations on our liability to you will apply regardless of the legal theory on which your claim is based, including contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or any other theory or basis.
- Responding to Legal Process
- Dispute Resolution; Agreement to Arbitrate
- Binding Arbitration: Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, including the formation, interpretation, breach or termination thereof, including whether the claims asserted are arbitrable, will be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS International Arbitration Rules. The tribunal will consist of a sole arbitrator. The place of the arbitration will be Dublin, Ireland. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings will be English. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction.
This Agreement and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules. Nothing in this section will preclude the parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
Either party may commence arbitration by providing to JAMS and the other party to the dispute a written demand for arbitration, setting forth the subject of the dispute and the relief requested.
- Service of Process: Each party hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to service of process through personal service at their corporate headquarters, registered address, or primary address (for individuals or sole proprietors). Nothing in this Agreement will affect the right of any party to serve process in any other manner permitted by Law.
- Class Waiver: To the fullest extent permitted by Law, each of the parties agrees that any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, whether in arbitration or in court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim or dispute proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, each party knowingly and irrevocably waives any right to trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any of the transactions contemplated between the parties.
- Provision of an Award: Subject to the limitations of liability identified in this Agreement, the appointed arbitrators may award monetary damages and any other remedies allowed by Law. In making a determination, the arbitrator will not have the authority to modify any term or provision of this Agreement. The arbitrator will deliver a reasoned written decision with respect to the dispute (the “Award”) to each party, who will promptly act in accordance with the Award. Any Award (including interim or final remedies) may be confirmed in or enforced by any court having jurisdiction over either party or its assets. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties, and will not be subject to appeal or review.
- Fees: Each party will advance one-half of the fees and expenses of the arbitrator, the costs of the attendance of the court reporter at the arbitration hearing, and the costs of the arbitration facility. In any arbitration arising out of or related to this Agreement, the arbitrator will award to the prevailing party, if any, the costs and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred by the prevailing party in connection with those aspects of its claims or defenses on which it prevails, and any opposing awards of costs and attorneys’ fees awards will be offset.
- Confidentiality: The parties will maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding, the hearing and the Award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy, or confirmation of an Award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by applicable Laws. The parties, witnesses, and arbitrator will treat as confidential and will not disclose to any third person (other than witnesses or experts) any documentary or other evidence produced in any arbitration hereunder, except as required by Law or except if such evidence was obtained from the public domain or was otherwise obtained independently from the arbitration.
- Conflict of Rules: In the case of a conflict between the provisions of this Section E.11.g and the rules governing arbitration identified in Section E.11.a, the provisions of this Section E.11.g will prevail. If any provision of this agreement to arbitrate is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by Law and all the other provisions will remain valid and enforceable.